HOW TO UPDATE YOUR TC70 FOR OVATIONTIX SCANNING
If you've linked your TC70 with a Google account, you can download the newest version of the app directly from the Google Play Store:
- Connect to your wi-fi network (Settings -> Wi-Fi)
- From the home screen, open the app drawer (the circle at the bottom center of the screen) and select "Play Store"
- Search Google Play for "Ovationtix". From the results, download and install "Ovationtix Ticket Scanner"
Your scan app will now be updated.
If you do not have a Google account linked to your TC70, you can download and install the app update manually:
- Connect to your wi-fi network and open the web browser application on the TC70, then download the newest version of the OvationTix scan app by navigating to the following link:
The app will download automatically to the device.
(Note: the browser will not load a new web page, since this is just a direct download link. You will likely see a down-facing arrow at the top of the screen once the file is downloaded.)
- Once the download is complete, return to the home screen and open the app drawer (the circle at the bottom center of the screen) and open the File Browser app. Then select the "Download" folder. Tap the file named "trs_ticket_scanner_unified_3.02.apk". The following prompt will appear:
"Do you want to install an update to this existing application? Your existing data will not be lost."
Click "Install" at the bottom right corner of the screen.
That's it! The next time you open the OvationTix Ticket Scanner app, you should see "3.02" at the bottom of the login screen.
Note - The next time there's an update, you won't have to do this! It will go one of two ways:
If you downloaded from the link above - you will receive a notification, and upon giving your approval the new version will download automatically!
If you downloaded from the Play Store - You will automatically be sent to the Play Store for the update.
If you encounter any issues during this process, please contact Client Services by calling 646-759-1700 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.