Under Settings, go to "About device", then "Android version". Your MC40 may either installed with 4.1.1 (Jellybean) or 4.4.4 (KitKat). If so, you can now upgrade to 5.1.1 (Lollipop).
1. From your computer, download the Lollipop installation file here (224 MB).
2. Connect the USB cable from your PC to the device and enable USB mass storage mode on the device.
3. On your PC, you should see an external USB mass storage drive appear in File Explorer. Copy the installation file you downloaded onto the MC40's root directory.
4. Press and hold the Power button on the device until the Options Menu appears. Tap on "Reset" to reboot the device.
5. As soon as the screen turns off, press and hold the left Scan/Action button (the bottom button on the left side of the device) until the screen powers back up in "Recovery Mode". Once this screen appears, release the Scan/Action button.
6. Touch the "Home" button on the bottom of the device screen to enter the Recovery menu screen.
7. Click on the Vol+ or Vol- (top right side buttons) to navigate to the "apply the update from /sdcard" option.
8. Click on the PTT key (top left side button) to select the option.
9. Click on the Vol+ or Vol- to navigate to the recovery update zip file.
10. Click on the PTT key to select the recovery update zip file.
11. Click on Vol+ or Vol- to navigate to "Reboot system now" and press the PTT key to reboot the device.
Your MC40 will now be updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact OvationTix Client Services at 646-759-1700 or email@example.com.