Loading Printer Driver
- Before you attach the printer download the proper printer driver from the Practical Automation website: http://www.practicalautomation.com/downloads.html
- Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP - PA TKT Driver v18.104.22.168
- You cannot use this printer with a Mac
- Do NOT choose the drivers with the RL "Reverse Landscape" at the end of the title.
- Choose the driver that works for the version of windows on your computer.
- Unzip the files to a folder on your C: driver – NOT the desktop.
- Open the printers the green travel bar needs to be rotated a quarter turn to the down position.
- Plug in the printer and load the ticket stock.
- Attach the printer to the computer with the USB printer cable.
Manually add hardware
Follow these steps:
- Click the Start button . In the search box, type run, and then, in the list of results, click Run.
- In the Run dialog box, type hdwwiz, and then click OK.
- Follow the instructions in the wizard, and then click Next.
Welcome to the Add Hardware Wizard NEXT
What do you want the wizard to do? INSTALL THE HARDWARE THAT I MANUALLY SELECT FROM A LIST (ADVANCED)
From the list choose PRINTERS
Use an existing port: USB001 (VIRTUAL PRINTER PORT FOR USB)
Install the printer driver HAVE DISK
Browse to where the driver is located click on the OEMPRINT.inf file (On your hard Drive there is a folder Practical Automation/ITX/OEMPRINT.INF)
Choose your printer from the list NEXT
Printer name: PAITX2002G NEXT
A warning message will come up – choose “Install this driver software anyway”
Do not share
Print the test page
Printer Driver Settings
- Devices and Printers (under the windows menu)
- Double click on the PA ITX2002G
- Printer menu SET AS DEFAULT
- Printer menu PROPERTIES
- General Tab>Preferences>Advanced>Paper Size: L = 5.5 x 2.0
- Advanced Tab>Printing Defaults>Advanced>Paper Size L = 5.5 x 2.0
- Device Settings Tab>Cut on all pages: L = 5.5 x 2.0
Loading Ticket Stock
- Stock should be slid into the back of the printer. The registration mark (black bar on the bottom) should be on the bottom side and towards the front of the ticket.
PDF Reader Settings
- Firefox Tools
- Portable Document Formant (PDF) choose Preview in Firefox
- Open Settings
- Search PDF and scroll down to Content Settings
- Make sure Download PDF is switched OFF