- How do I build a show/series?
- How do I enter comps and promotions?
- How do service fees work?/What's the difference between a convenience fee and a service fee?
- What is a delivery method?
- How do I make a show reserved seating?
- Can I change a general admission show to have reserved seating?
- How can I reduce the capacity of a general admission show?
- How do I build packages?
- What about subscription series or memberships?
- What is a deep link?/How do I get patrons to the purchase pages?
- How do I get my show or series listed on Theatermania.com?
- How can I post my event to Facebook or Twitter?
- How do I sell a ticket?
- What reporting options do I have?
- How many users can I add?
- Who do I contact about payment and business questions?
- Who do I contact about using OvationTix?
How do I build a series?
- From the OvationTix menu across the top of the screen, select Add Series and follow the 6 easy steps to create your show or series.
- If you already have a built a series that has a lot of elements you will reuse, you can select Copy Series from the Add Series menu and select your previously built series as the source series.
- Watch this video about creating a general admission series to get an introduction.
How do I enter comps and promotions?
- Private and Coded tickets [full article here] are set on the series level.
- Select the series from the series list on the home page or from the series drop down list above the OvationTix menu.
- From the menu on the left side of the page, select Private/Coded Tickets, and click the green Add Private/Coded Ticket button.
- Fill in the appropriate fields for name and code (if applicable), setting promo pricing and selecting which events the promo can be used for.
- Private tickets are only available for use in the box office and do not require a code.
- Start date and End date indicate the range during which the code is active for use, not which events the promo works on.
What are convenience charges?
- In OvationTix terminology, convenience charges are a dollar amount set optionally by our clients that the patron pays on top of the ticket price. Many clients set an amount that will offset the OvationTix service fees.
- When setting up public ticket types, the price calculator table at the bottom of the page tells you what you would net for each transaction type based on the combination of entered ticket price and convenience charge amounts.
- Convenience charges are applied only for items purchased online and via OvationTix phone sales, and can be optionally enabled for client Box Office phone sales (BO Phone).
What is a delivery method?
- A delivery method is how a ticket order is fulfilled and should clearly indicate to the patron how they receive their tickets or entry into the event.
- To set or add delivery methods, select Delivery Methods from the Tools menu in OvationTix.
- Possible options for delivery methods include: Receipt Only and Barcoded ETicket (for print-at-home fulfillment by the patron), or Will Call and Mail (for hard ticket fulfillment by the Box Office.)
How do I make a show reserved seating?
- Before an assigned seating, or reserved seating, series can be built, a reserved seating chart must be associated with the account. Contact Client Services (866-441-9962, firstname.lastname@example.org) if you need a new seating chart built. Turnaround is about a week, depending on the complexity of the chart.
- An image file or PDF of the house that indicates all row and seat labels and any price breaks is the most helpful.
- Once the chart is built, a series can be built using that chart. Step 2 of the Add Series process is where the type of seating is chosen.
- Select the recommended "per-seat pricing" option, as that comes with all the latest seating & pricing admin features that OvationTix offers
Can I change a general admission show to have reserved seating?
- After the type of seating has been determined for a series, it cannot be changed.
- The seating type is set at the beginning of Step 2 of the Add Series process, and it is also copied over from the selected source when Copy Series is used.
- Contact Client Services (866-441-9962, email@example.com) to discuss possible options if it is imperative.
How can I reduce the capacity of a general admission show?
- General admission section capacities can be revised upward at any time, so it's always best to underestimate your house size if you're not sure.
- If no tickets have yet been sold for the event, it is possible to create a new general admission section with the correct capacity and to delete the one with the wrong capacity. Be advised you will have to rebuild ticket types and update coded/private tickets in any new sections added.
- If the capacity has been set too high, you can use seating management (seat holds) to remove seats from public availability by placing them on a kill hold.
How do I build packages?
- Under the OvationTix Tools menu, select Packages and click the Add Packages button.
- Fixed and FixedPlus Packages are built by adding discrete tickets to specific series.
- Flexible Packages are built by setting the total number of tickets in the package and setting an expiration date for redemption. Then, redemption limits are set on the Package Pricing page of each series for which that package can be redeemed.
What about subscription series or memberships?
- These kinds of things are usually set up with packages.
- A subscription series may grant one ticket to a specific set of shows, so a fixed package would be a way to build that.
- Memberships often grant discounted tickets to the shows or events of the member's choosing and are valid for a set amount of time. A flexible package would be the way to go there.
- OvationTix generates a link for the master calendar and for every series, event, promotion, and package created, as well as fundraising campaign and gift card.
- Links are found under the OvationTix Tools menu on the Deep Links page.
- Publish the link on your organization's website, or provide a link to a promoter or in an email blast, and your web visitors will be taken directly to the online sales portal.
How do I get my show or series listed on Theatermania.com?
- OvationTix is the software that supplies a box office solution and online sales portal. Theatermania.com is where theatergoers get information about shows and find out how to get tickets.
- To get your show or event listed on Theatermania, you can go to http://industry.theatermania.com/ to upload the information you want included in the listing. Alternatively, you can email Theatermania's listings department at firstname.lastname@example.org with the relevant information and listings elements.
How can I post my event to Facebook or Twitter?
- Make sure you are logged in to your Facebook and/or Twitter account(s) you want to use for promoting your event.
- In OvationTix, select the series you want to promote by clicking on the name in the series list or by selecting it from the series drop down list at the top of the screen.
- Find the Share/Promote section at the bottom of the blue menu on the left side of the screen and click on Social Media.
- Click the social media platform icon to share your series's link.
How do I sell a ticket?
- Watch the instructional video on our Vimeo channel!
- Click on Sell at the far left of the OvationTix menu or select Quick Sell Plus.
- Select the series, date, and time you want to sell.
- Load or enter patron information by clicking on the icon next to Walkup, Walkup above the ticket selection.
- Select the seats or ticket quantity and add them to the cart.
- Select payment method from checkout buttons to the right of the cart
- Add any notes, answer checkout questions, modify the name on ticket, and then submit payment for the order.
What reporting options do I have?
- OvationTix offers a number of different reports. To find them, hover over Reports in the OvationTix Menu.
- The main reporting page, MyReports, allows you to find all transactions within a date range or see all activity for events within a date range.
- You have the option of adding different kinds of filters to isolate subsets of your patrons or transaction activity.
- Tabs separate the different detail views: Order, Transaction, Patron, and Fundraising (if enabled)
- Other reporting options may include: Snapshot, Box Office Balance, Patron Report, and Collection Report.
- All reports are exportable to Excel format, and most are also exportable to CSV (Comma Separated Values) and XML formats.
How many users can I add?
- You can add as many users as you need.
- To add a user, select Users under the OvationTix Tools menu.
- While setting up a user profile, you can limit their permissions or set them as Master User to give them full access to all features.
- Users can be set to have access to all shows in an account or be limited to a select few.
Who do I contact about payment and business questions?
- Your Account Executive can best answer questions of these types.
- If you want to call and don't know their direct extension, you can dial 212-352-0255 and press # for a company directory.
Who do I contact about using OvationTix?
- Our Client Services associates are happy to answer any questions you might have about using and taking full advantage of what OvationTix has to offer.
- Reach them 7 days a week, from 10am - 8pm (Eastern Time) Mon - Friday and noon to 8pm Saturday & Sunday at at 646-759-1700, or by email at email@example.com.