HOW TO UPDATE YOUR MC40 FOR OVATIONTIX SCANNING
- Download the two files attached to this article to your computer. You'll need to install these files to the scanner later in the instructions.
- Under Settings, go to "About device", then "Android version". In order for this update to work, it needs to be 4.1.1. If it's 2.3.7, it’s time to upgrade your scanners with a newer operating system! Please follow the MC40 Jellybean Upgrade Instructions first before completing the rest of this update.
Assuming you're on 4.1.1, continue through the following instructions:
- Settings -> Apps -> OvationTix Ticket Scanner -> Click "Force Stop". Then click "Uninstall".
- From the App drawer -> DataWedge -> Click the menu button on the bottom of the screen (overlapping rectangles). Click "Settings". Click "Restore" to restore to factory defaults.
- Plug the scanner into your computer via USB. There's a rubber cover to the USB port on the bottom of the scanner that you have to peel up. Let your computer recognize it as a device, then open up the folder. You should see a couple of files that aren't in folders. They're named "trs_ticket_scanner" and "datawedge.db". Delete both of these files from the device.
NOTE: The scanner must be connected via USB using this method, and not using the charging cradle. The cradles are not capable of data transfer.
- Now drag the files you downloaded from this article onto the device.
- Back on the scanner screen, click the App drawer, then select "File Browser". Scroll to the bottom of the first page and you should see the new "trs_ticket_scanner" file that you just loaded onto the device. Click this file to install the app.
- Click on the home button to exit back to the home screen. Click the App drawer again and click DataWedge. Click the menu button again, and Settings. Click "Import Profile". It should say "Import from… dwprofile_Ovationtix.db". Click "Import". Now click the back arrow to return to the previous menu. You should now see "Ovationtix" as a profile.
- Exit out to return to the App drawer. You should see the OvationTix app here as well. If you press and hold on this app, you can drop the app back on your scanner’s home screen for quick access.
If you have any questions or issues, please call us at 866-441-9962 or email us at email@example.com.