For swiping credit cards using a smartphone or tablet, the MagTek swiper is what you're looking for.
There are just a few things to keep in mind before getting started.
First, please be aware that the mobile box office app does not support the printing of tickets of any kind. If you need to print hard tickets following a ticket sale, you will need to use the standard web based version of the software.
Swipers must be ordered directly through MagTek in order to guarantee that they are configured correctly for the OT mobile solution.
- Call or email MagTek directly:
EMAIL: RetailSolutions@magtek.com, PHONE: 562-546-6467
- You'll want to order either the:
- MagTek uDynamo credit card swiper with the magensa encryption key. Part #: 21073092 for headphone jacks
- MagTek iDynamo credit card swiper Lightning Connector. Part #: 2107313 for lightning connections
- The product cost is $95 (tax and shipping extra) and will be shipped directly to you
Once you have your swiper, download the OvationTix Mobile Box Office app.
If you have an iPad or iPhone, make sure you have updated to the latest iOS (10.3.2 or later), and follow THIS LINK.
If you have an Android device, follow THIS LINK.
Once the app is installed, you should be in business. Be sure you have the volume turned up on your tablet/smart phone (the swiper uses the headphone jack). If you run into any issues in regard to installing the app, or if it doesn't seem to be interacting correctly with Ovationtix, feel free to give Client Services a call at 646-759-1700. If the swiper itself isn't working, ie. not holding a charge or not turning on at all, contact MagTek directly at 562-546-6467.