We've just rolled out a vastly improved flow for suggested donations. With this new flow, you should see improved conversion rates on your donation solicitations as well as increased customer satisfaction with the entire solicitation process.
Here's what we've done:
- Recommended donations now appear in card format, similar to your products. These cards allow for an image, the campaign description and a "donate" button.
- If you have several campaigns being recommended, the cards display in a carousel rather than stacked as they were previously. You can highlight your primary campaigns and reduce noise on the page.
- The donate button triggers a pop-up, allowing the customer to add the donation straight to the cart without leaving the page.
- Based on your configuration, the pop-up allows customers to select from any of the recommended donation amounts or enter their own.
- Based on your configuration, the pop-up allows customers to set the donation to be recurring or one-time only.
- Once the donation is added to the cart, the main page shows a confirmation message, letting the customer know the donation has been added.
- If a customer already has a donation in their cart, all other donation recommendations are suppressed so they are not over-solicited.
These flow changes are live and require no changes to your configuration. You may want to review the order your campaigns are listed in so that the primary campaigns appear first in the carousel.
This video reviews the new flow changes.